L&T Power Limited - a wholly owned subsidiary of Larsen & Toubro - is driving the thrust towards a leadership position in the power sector. L&T requires achievement-oriented engineering professionals for various disciplines:
Venue: Larsen & Toubro, Toubro Centre Mount Poonamallee Road
Manapakkam, Chennai 600 089.
Date : Sunday, 12 April, 2009
Time : 9 A.M. to 4 P.M.
- Sales & Marketing (Ref. SM1) : Job involves business development for large capacity power in EPC/BTG/BOP domain including gathering market intelligence, pre-sales activities, commercial bid preparation and negotiations leading to conversion of proposals into orders.
- Proposal Engineering (Ref. PE1) : Job involves preparation of technically and commercially optimum EPC/BTG/BOP proposals meeting tender requirements, coordination of pre-bid engineering, procurement and construction functions, vendor development, etc.
- Cost Estimation (Ref. CE1) : Job involves estimation of project costs baased on tender requirement, building cost jatabase. Knowledge of taxation & policy / Procedure for power projects required.
- Contract Management (Ref. CTM1) : Job involves managing contractual aspects of projects at proposal and implementation stage. This includes drafting of legally and commercially sound contracts, negotiating with customers / vendors, ensuring adherence to contractual provisions during implementation.
- Project Planning (Ref. PP1) : Job involves planning, scheduling and monitoring of various project-related activities using planning software like PRIMAVERA / MS Projects.
- Project Management (Ref. PM1) ; Job involves execution of projects, inclusive of planning, engineering coorination, procurement, sub-contractor management, erection and commissioning, ensuring timely completion of projects within budgets.
- Construction Interface (Ref. C11) : Job involves interfacing with engineering, procurement and construction teams to ensure smooth communication from inception of construction activities to commissioning and handover of plant.
- Construction Management (Ref. CM1) : Job involves planning, supervising, coordinating and controlling construction and erection activities at site, including that of sub-contractors. Candidates should have on-site experience in mega projects.
- Engineering Management (Ref. EE1) : Job involves engineering coordination - optimizing layout, equipment / systems sizing, selection and optimization of thermal power plant, while ensuring timely release and approval of engineering deliverables.
- HRSG Engineering (Ref. HRSG1) : Job involves proposal and detailed engineering in the field of thermal, strctural and mechanical aspects of Heat Recovery Steam Generators (HRSG) for gas-based power projects.
- Supply Chain Management (Ref. SCM1) : Job involves ensuring timely and cost effective procurement of equipment and materials inclusive of imports. The job also involves handling logistics of domestic and international consignments involving ODC and supplier quality assurance.
- Boiler Design (Ref. BD1) : Job involves design, engineering and modeling of various parts of the boiler its accessories.
- Quality Management (Ref. QM1) : Job involves development, implementa and maintenance of Quality Control and Quality Assurance processes as per qu plans for EPC and manufacturing units.
- Inspection & Testing (Ref. NET1) : Job involves conducting inspection & testing of equipment. Expertise in using advanced NOT (minimum level 2) and electrical testing procedures, required.
- Health, Safety & Environment (Ref. HSE1) :Job involves implementation, operation and maintenance of HSE requirements, project sites and manufacturing units, as per HSE standards and training of personnel for compliance with the same
All posts are based at Vadodara, Gujarat.
Qualifications & Experience: First-class Mechanical/ Eletrical/Civil / Electronics / Instrumentation Engineering graduates with 2-15 years of relevant experience or diploma holders with over 7 years relevant experience. For all disciplines, experience related to the power industry preferred.
Emoluments are comparable to the best in industry, and commensurate with qualifications & experience. Those interested in contractual appointments may also apply.
Please Note: Bring along an updated resume, two passport ize photographs, original testimonials pertaining to all educational qualifications and experience as well as latest salary details.
Alternatively, Send your CV within 7 days to pwr@Lntenc.com quoting the job title and reference code as the subject.